WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
While much has been learned about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), there is still a lot public health experts don’t know. Our ability to be united in our union to address this virus is yet another example of why all working people need the opportunity to join together in a union, no matter where they work.
Are you a worker who’s been impacted by COVID-19? Check out these helpful resources to ensure you are safe at work:
- COVID-19 Rights at Work FAQs
- Information and FAQs: TX Unemployment Benefits for Workers Impacted COVID-19
- 10 Steps to Preventing Coronavirus (or COVID-19)
- You Have Rights: Protect Your Health
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus: A Fact Sheet for Healthcare Workers
- Workers Checklist on Addressing Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Together we can prevent the spread of the virus.
- COVID-19 is preventable and treatable, but only if we ensure working people are informed and protected.
- Basic wellness practices like frequent handwashing and staying home if sick can help reduce the spread of COVID-19
- Working people across the country, including people on the front lines of our healthcare system, schools and airports face an increased risk of exposure to illness.
- Employers must have contingency plans should working people see their work places closed or their hours scaled back as this health emergency grows.
Why We Fight
No union, no peace! Today janitors at the Metropolis building in downtown Houston demanded to keep union rights. Without their union rights janitors potentially lose their pay, healthcare, seniority, holidays, paid vacation days, and worker protections.
We are sad to hear about the passing of Keith Wade, he was a true champion for working families in Houston politics. He was always behind the scenes taking notes and fighting for change.
BREAKING IN HOUSTON!
Houston airport workers & supporters are on their way to @United to tell airline essential workers need PPE to keep themselves, their families & passengers safe!
Cordeja works at Bush Airport, since the pandemic she needs partial unemployment to get by. Cordeja and her coworkers are putting their lives on the line, they deserve premium pay and paid sick days. Help Cordeja get paid sick days, call your Senator today 866-426-2631